Sunday, March 29, 2009

Marketing Gal's first speech

I have been creating masterpieces for clients "behind the scenes" so to speak over the last few years and have always been able to dodge the public speaking arena. That was, until this past weekend. The Bucksport chamber's annual dinner has always been a favorite outing of mine, except this time around I was one of the speakers. Was I going to vomit on my shoes, pass out or worse swear? (For those who know me well, know I have quite a potty mouth in times of stress--well, okay, just about on any occasion.) My speech was brief, and to the point and I managed to even throw my trademark "rock on!" into it somehow. In the end, my nervousness disappeared, I knew my subject well and I had some killer heels on, it was all good. Thanks to those of you who wished me well and congratulated me after it was over.
In the end I was asked to create the poster for the
Bucksport Bay Festival again this year. Hooray! I'm already brainstorming ideas.

1 comment:

Silkweeds said...

Rock On Girlfriend